Ruby Sanctum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ruby Sanctum

Post  Ulatekso on Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:24 pm

I've tried to collect some info on the various stuff inside Ruby Sanctum. While the minibosses and trash mobs look relatively harmless, I reckon they could still wipe us if handled incorrectly.

Trash:
Charscale Assaulter: these look like the bipedal drakonids that patrol Obsidian Sanctum in patrols of two. They use Cleave and Shockwave, and as such as best tanked facing away from the raid. A wowhead commenter mentioned that they also buff other nearby Assaulters with a damage increasing buff, so if possible they are best split up.

Charscale Commander: uses Mortal Strike and Rallying Shout. His shout increases damage done by nearby allies for 25% for every nearby ally (so 4x25=+100% for a four-pull or so).

Charscale Invoker: uses Scorch (8000 fire) and Blast Wave (AoE 9500 fire).

Charscale Elite: melee mob that occasionally uses a 2-sec stun.

Apparently everything is susceptible to crowd control such as Hibernate and Sap. The commander sounds like the prime CC target here.

Minibosses
Saviana Ragefire: a drake. Uses Flame Breath (face her away) and Enrage (counter with tranq or poison). Occasionally flies up and targets some people with Conflag, these must move out of the raid.
Baltharus the Warborn: a drakonid. Uses Blade Tempest (Bladestorm; melee dps run) and cleave. Uses Enervating Brand on random people; branded people afflict themselves and allies within 12 yard by a 2% damage reduction debuff every two seconds, while in turn buffing Baltharus with 2% damage increase for every reduction. Run out of the raid asap. Finally he uses a clone move at 50%. His copy should be offtanked somewhere out of the way as it apparently has as much HP as the actual boss and dies when the boss itself dies.
General Zarithrian: occasionally summons caster adds (one from each side). Uses cleave armor which reduces armor by 20%, stacks five times, so a taunt rotation is required. Details are a bit fuzzy but apparently one tank tanks the adds, the other the boss, and once the adds die they switch positions.

Halion (Video)
Three phase fight. Has the standard dragon tricks - breath attack (20k), cleave and tail swipe. Tail swipe does not do a lot of damage.

Phase 1: the outside (physical) phase. Halion uses Meteor Strike, which has a meteor crashing down at an obvious location. You have around five seconds to move. After the meteor hits a bunch of flames are spawned. Also places a mark of combustion debuff on a random player. Deals damage over time, and once dispelled (or after it runs its full duration of 30 seconds) places a fiery patch on the ground which does damage if you stand in it. This ability is thus countered by quickly moving out of the raid before being dispelled. The longer the debuff persists the larger the fiery patch will be. People standing close to the person being dispelled will be knocked away.

When phase 2 starts, the raid moves into a portal that leads to the twilight realm.

Phase 2: the inside (twilight) phase, shadow based. Uses mark of consumption which is similar to mark of combustion, except that it pulls in people who stand close to the person being dispelled. In addition, the raid takes 3000 shadow damage per two seconds and there are also two shadow pulsars rotating around Halion. Every so often they project a beam towards Halion, forcing players to move such that they don't get hit by said beam. (If you do it's probably an instant kill)

Phase 3: combines both phases, DPS has to split damage between twilight halion and physical halion. If one form takes more damage than the other, the other form grows more vulnerable to damage but also becomes stronger. (increments seem to be 25,50,100,200,400%) You can freely travel between outside and twilight through portals. Outside seems to favour ranged DPS (with the fires covering the ground) while twilight favours melee (who can DPS while moving from pulsar beams).

Halion comes with a buff that ignores 20% dodge and 5% miss chance.

Edit: Mark of Combustion / Consumption can be nullified through grounding totem.
Edit2: this was unintended and has been hotfixed.

Last edited by Ulatekso on Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ruby Sanctum

Post  Chopsui on Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:35 am

I just did this on my main Mage on 25 normal yesterday and I'll give you some of my findings.

First of all the good news:

We only wiped on Halion twice before killing him. He doesn't hit very hard, and it's mostly a "don't stand in fire" and "move out with bomb" fight. It is slightly healing intensive on the shadow side, but quite relaxed on healing on physical side.

And then the bad news:

We wiped and died way more often on the trash and minibosses. Part of that was lack of caring "Heh it's trash, lets ae it down" and after wiping two times on that we started CCing stuff (among which the commanders) and it went fine then.

All in all, if we can *get* to Halion, we can probably kill him. Getting to him will be harder than killing Halion.

The third miniboss Zarithian is actually pretty annoying, needing double/triple tanks and spawning adds pretty fast.

All in all, if we can get to Halion, I think we can get a kill.

Chopsui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanibal on Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:59 pm

Well in my guild we tried 10 man version. Trash seems very easy in 10 man mode. All you need is to interupt casters as that aoe also knocks back (we wiped when we pulled 2nd pack because of it). Rest was very easy I'm sure that trash in not harder than the one in ICC so I do not see any problems there.

Fight itself is easy. All we need is to dps boss in the same pace on both sides so he does not enrage (this is point where my guild failed at 2%). Healing at shadow side is indeed harder we used 2 healers there and 1 healer.

If our tanks can stand his breath weapon along with his mele we can kill him.

Hanibal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ardoRic on Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:44 pm

I also tried him on my home realm, but unfortunately didn't make a kill.

Trash is relatively simple: melees cleave and all. Invokers do an aoe knockback with fire which I think can be interrupted. They all seem to be susceptible to CC. So we're prolly good to go.

Mini bosses are pretty easy, the only one which I'm a bit afraid of is the one which summons adds, since he summons the adds at a pretty hefty pace. He also does that 20% stacking armor debuff, but switching really saves it since the adds only seem to do fire damage (their main attack is a fire thingy which can also be interrupted and should once in a while).

The boss itself is a dance. On my first night there with a couple more tries we would have done him. (We did a couple of hc tries and then took some time to learn the p2 basics and then it was too late)

On my second night there the group was a lot different and filled with idiots dying to beams and that kind of stupid stuff, so I just called it.

One thing: don't dispel the debuffs too quickly, give people some time to run out with it. If you can dispel yourself, it's probably preferable.

Really hope we can get a group going for this one. Looking forward to it.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:08 am

So, concerning the General.

When he uses his AoE fear, and somebody gets a "lucky" random resist, he'll ignore the tank for the time being and goes to smack said person. According to the ability description on Wowhead, people are "Paralyzed with Terror" for the duration, Terror being a stronger Fear (like Deathcoil) which might explain why Tremor seems inefficient.

To get to the point, though, if the tank taunts the General right before the fear hits, he'll still be forced to hit the tank for the duration of the taunt, feared or not. Even if he does switch targets before the fear ends, the extra seconds gained should ensure that the tank will be able to pick him back up before bad things happen; just mash some ranged ability so you can pick up the boss as soon as the fear expires.

In addition it wouldn't hurt to plan usage of fear-breaking abilities of/on tanks in advance. With adds going down quickly and tanks not dying, this quirky mechanic seems to be the only thing holding us back anyway.

Judging from some random YouTube movie I just watched, the fear initially occurs like 15 seconds into the fight, and then every 35-40 seconds afterwards. Having a warrior would pretty much trivialize the ability. And in the same video, a feral druid died after using berserk which grants fear immunity, which underlines the quirkyness of the mechanic.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lethorgic on Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:01 pm

One thing to note is that when a player dies in the shadow realm, their corpse will pop up in the regular realm. This means that in case combat res is needed, the druid(s?) might be better placed in the physical realm. Also means that players dying in P2 will not be able to get a ress at least untill p3 starts.

Lethorgic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:21 am

As a belated reply to the above, do keep in mind that Druids will do exceptionally well through their strong AoE heals and mobility while inside the Twilight realm.

DPS-wise, Halion comes with 11,156,000 HP, which given the 8 minute enrage, would require 23250 DPS. We'll likely want to bring four healers, which leaves two tanks and four DPS. Considering the two tanks as one DPS, this results in each damage dealer having to pull ~4650 DPS. Since we're missing the 25% buff, and given the relatively mobile nature of the fight, and the fact that for half the fight we won't be having all buffs (due to the split in P3) I don't see this happening.

With three healers, we'll be needing ~4020 DPS for each of our damage dealers, again assuming that two tanks equal one DPS. This seems reasonable. However, while things may be "healable", so to speak, I think that healers might run into issues regarding their mana pools. Like Gevlon said today, we might just have to wait for nerfs to stand a good chance. If its currently possible at all, it does look like it requires a stupidly high level of play.

On a somewhat unrelated note, if I find myself unable to repair this randomly-crash-every-few-hours problem that's plaguing my computer I won't be around for next week. The earlier semi-DC thing was apparently caused by a house mate messing with the router so thankfully that's not another problem to add to the list.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top