Undergeared vs Marrowgar

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Undergeared vs Marrowgar

Post  Maladroite on Sun May 16, 2010 10:28 pm

Here's the video of our Marrowgar kill that I put together. Please bear with me, I've never used fraps before, nor ever made a video like this before. Hell, I've never even uploaded a video to Youtube before!
As of right now, Youtube warns me that the video is still being processed so the video quality might be bad. If it doesn't improve at all, I'll try rendering under a different format (with less video quality).
Also, if anyone else has more experience with videos/uploading/rendering etc etc. I'd love to get some pointers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfXLDRCxiYI

Last edited by Maladroite on Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared vs Marrowgar

Post  Maladroite on Mon May 17, 2010 8:37 am

Well, doesn't look like the video quality is improving at all. I uploaded it again in a different format and that one runs a lot smoother (although you can't exactly read any of the smaller text, but ah well)
Changed the URL in the original post and removed the old video from youtube.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jiminimonka on Mon May 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Congratulations on the kill, well done to all involved!

Jiminimonka

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Thu May 20, 2010 10:19 am

I probably won't be able to join on next Saturday night, I have a visitor coming to stay over the weekend and since he flew in all the way from Iceland, I can't just kick him out... Twisted Evil
So, I was hoping that someone who will be in the raid could at least fraps the Lady Deathwhisper fight (and the kill!). It doesn't eat up that much memory (I didn't notice any lag or fps drop on Marrowgar while frapsing). If whoever that can do it doesn't want to spend their time making a movie out of the results, I volunteer to do it. I think it would be nice to have all of our ICC kills recorded, and looking at how well received the Marrowgar video was (2500 views on Youtube), people actually want to see us kill stuff.

The fraps program can easily be "borrowed" from the internet.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 pm

The Marrowgar video now has close to 8000 views on Youtube. I'm actually quite surprised. Anyways, I'm just spamming this in hopes that someone is reading the forums, to ask if anyone would be able to fraps the next raid. More publicity = possibly more raiders joining = we could go ICC 25 man.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sat May 22, 2010 12:17 am

If I can make it on time, I'll give Fraps a shot.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun May 23, 2010 12:49 am

I checked my footage and oops, I didn't fraps our LDW kill, only the first wipe. I also stopped frapsing when I died on our 6% wipe on Saurfang, how useless. I do have footage on a 15% or so wipe on Saurfang, where we were going pretty strong until a healer exploded to Mark. I'll process that one and upload it, some people might find it interesting.

Edit: it should appear here when it has been processed.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ardoRic on Sun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Ulatekso wrote:I checked my footage and oops, I didn't fraps our LDW kill, only the first wipe. I also stopped frapsing when I died on our 6% wipe on Saurfang, how useless. I do have footage on a 15% or so wipe on Saurfang, where we were going pretty strong until a healer exploded to Mark. I'll process that one and upload it, some people might find it interesting.

Edit: it should appear here when it has been processed.

Awesome. Could use some work on getting some music up and an intro like Maladroite's, but at least we have something. Thank you.

Maybe you could post it as a reply to maladroite's video to give it some visibility.

If you don't mind, I'll link it on my running thread on MMO-Champion.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Sun May 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Well done with the kills, and that video is at least something to show to the curious. Smile
I added a note to the start of the Marrowgar video, with a link to your Saurfang vid.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun May 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Yeah, I figured FRAPS would simply record audio as it sounds in game, but it kinda sounds like I'm inside a tin can or something.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Sun May 30, 2010 8:47 pm

Saurfang Kill video
Rotface video is still uploading, takes over 3 hours to upload 500mb to Youtube...

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ardoRic on Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

awesome video, thanks Smile

Looking forward for the rotface one.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Sun May 30, 2010 10:52 pm

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:52 pm

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:38 am

Tank PoV Blood Princes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwNxkjDHip0

Also, Ulatekso, could you tell me what specs you choose when rendering your video? It seems a lot sharper than mine, and it kinda bugs me that people can't see the numbers clearly that are rolling on my screen.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:12 pm

Maladroite wrote:Tank PoV Blood Princes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwNxkjDHip0

Also, Ulatekso, could you tell me what specs you choose when rendering your video? It seems a lot sharper than mine, and it kinda bugs me that people can't see the numbers clearly that are rolling on my screen.

Raw recording: 1024x768 @ 30 FPS.
Render: XViD 1024x768 @ 30 FPS, 5000 kbps, single pass.

Check if your FRAPS footage and rendering output have the same framerate. If you record at 60 FPS but render at 30 FPS, it'll sort of glue every pair of frames together, which creates fuzziness in dynamic video footage. I think. This seems to be what's happening in your movie.

The bitrate of 5000 might seem obscenely high, but having a large file to upload isn't much of an issue to me.

Somewhat unrelated. Lyssander, that fellow on the official forums who claims you gem and spec like a "morron", well, it isn't that dire but it does seem suboptimal. With our hitpoints as low as they are, tank gibs are very possible. I recall Maladroite dropping particulary low during Rotface, who doesn't hit that hard. So, why all the parry gems?

Taking your current kit, I put a Def/Sta gem in your shoulder, Sta in your weapon and belt, Parry/Sta in your pants (for the meta-gem), and Def/Sta in your crab, with three pure stamina gems being Dragon's Eyes. In addition I used Greater Stamina as boot enchant and heavy borean kit as glove enchant, and used an epic leg enchant instead of a blue one which I believe is allowed. That way I gained, after applying your DK bonusses, a little bit over 2000 HP, at the cost of some parry rating. Also, Hysteria is a pretty major cooldown you could put on somebody that is not Valithria Dreamwalker, so I wouldn't skip that talent.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:10 am

I've reviewed my footage and it would appear that the negative bits stood out in my mind. There's some screenblocking done by a fat dragon, and some camera getting stuck behind the gate, but it's reasonably enjoyable for the most part. Shame I stopped recording a few seconds after we died. Things were looking pretty grim at that point, and I overextended myself taking out that blazing skeleton, so I figured we'd end up wiping. If only I'd paid attention to Valithria's HP at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-Vj_u53Eg

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Maladroite on Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Here's my Valithria video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXWeBuFfOJs
I probably won't be able to join any more Saturday raids until August, unless some change of plan happens, so I hope that Ulatekso (and maybe others too?!) will keep on frapsing the ICC fights. I believe people are especially excited about seeing us down Festergut, for example.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum