Undergeared VS Glory of the Hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Undergeared VS Glory of the Hero

Post  ardoRic on Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:08 am

Now that I've reached level 80, I'd like to make a suggestion for the undergeared people in EU.

How about we do all the Glory of the Hero achievements?

While it's not unheard of (first Glory of the Hero was about a week into the expansion) doing this at low gear, I think it's a way for us to get to know each other better.

Would anyone else be interested in this? I think the best meeting point to discuss further incursions into heroics for this purpose would be next week's raid time.

If Gevlon thinks this is a good idea, maybe I could ask him to advertise it on his blog next chance he gets. Don't think that many people check these forums regularly.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared VS Glory of the Hero

Post  Maladroite on Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:28 pm

I have actually never finished Glory of the Hero achievements on any of my characters. Now that I can probably faceroll it with my main, it seems a lot more fun to do it with the "proper" gear requirement. So I am interested in this.
However, finding a suitable time might be a problem. I am raiding with my main on at least 4 nights, daytime could be a better option for me.

Maladroite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Azeulisse on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:44 pm

I would like to try doing this, but I can't really say when is the best time for me. I will do what I can to be there.

Mind that I already have some of the achievements, from heroic runs with random people.

Azeulisse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ardoRic on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:33 pm

Thanks to all who showed interest in this side-project.

Unfortunately due to RL commitments I won't be able to show up this Saturday. It is however a good sign that we can get at least two people interested in these (apparently?) low movement forums. Since the group needed for heroics is rather small, it's possible we can get 5 people from the guild interested in this.

It is true that there are many achievements we'll get from just running randoms (I personally have gotten Split Personality [twice!!!] which I didn't expect to get from pugs*), but there are still a lot of them you won't (mostly because you can't just out-dps it and people just don't go through the trouble). As long as there is someone in the group who hasn't done a certain achievement, it's always possible for us to have some proof that we did it as a properly geared group.

If possible, I'd suggest anyone who read this to at least bring the topic up during this Saturday's guild run (so we don't take too much time getting this started) and direct them here so we can see exactly who and what we have. We would then proceed to discussing schedules and meeting days.

We don't need to do this in a hurry. I'm perfectly OK with attacking 1/2 dungeons each week, maybe more on luckier weeks. I almost bet you could get a group going without me, but Glory of the Hero is actually something I enjoy doing (I have it on my other three level 80s) and would very much like to be a part of this (AH! and having a shaman for Less-Rabi is almost mandatory).

Now that I'm level 80 (and I feel my resto gear is decent) I would also like to redo the early guild achievements of completing the ICC 5-mans in normal and heroic mode.

*once it seemed legitimate, the other it seemed to be from the bug (?) that gives you the achievement if you manage to kill her without a second Mirror.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Ulatekso on Mon May 03, 2010 11:16 am

I don't really care much for most of the Hero achievements, though I never did Watch Him Die the proper way, I think that'd be an interesting challenge and I wouldn't mind tagging along for that. I wasn't on the team that ran the ICC heroics, either, I'd love to do those sometime too.

Ulatekso

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ardoRic on Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 am

Watch Him Die is actually one of the most fun ones to do.

Before we could just charge in and tank all the mobs while people kill the boss, what we did was roll with two tanks, one of them a paladin. The paladin would engage the 9 mobs, Holy Wrath them and run as far as he could to the entrance. After the Holy Wrath the rest of the party engaged the boss and killed it. The paladin would have to use his cooldowns to survive the onslaught.

Doing Hadronox Denied without resetting him is also a nice one.

ardoRic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Hanibal on Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Watch him die took me about 5 hours in pug long ago. We did it with 2 tanks and 2 healers and just 1 dps in the end. Smile

Last time we did Hadrox denied it was really fun. We reset him indeed but we did it with 2 tanks 1 healer 2 dps. 1 tank was tanking incoming adds and second one was tanking boss.

Most fun I had at chaos teory. We cleared all the mobs leading to the next boss. Pulled 1 flover (the one that gives all party members HP and mana regen) to the boss it made fight a lot easier.

Hanibal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misaka on Mon May 17, 2010 10:46 pm

ardoRic wrote:Watch Him Die is actually one of the most fun ones to do.

Before we could just charge in and tank all the mobs while people kill the boss, what we did was roll with two tanks, one of them a paladin. The paladin would engage the 9 mobs, Holy Wrath them and run as far as he could to the entrance.

I used a hunter for that. Slow trap, shoot them all, run away. Smile

I'm also up for doing Glory of the Hero. Smile

Misaka

View user profile http://www.angrydwarfs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top