TBC epic items

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TBC epic items

Post  Kats on Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:48 pm

Go or no go?

Given at absolute lack of any kind of decent Wrath superior-quality idols for feral druid tanks, I may be forced to get

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33509

Can I, or do I have to go even lower to a green idol?

Kats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: TBC epic items

Post  Gevlon on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:12 pm

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=38365
However lvl 70 epics are OK

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats on Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:20 pm

I meant, of course, a tanking idol that is useful for survival/mitigation.

Kats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon on Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:53 pm

It's a "has a chance" item. Meaning: it procs when the boss is sleeping and doesn't when it cast impale or such niceness. I'd go with the higher DPS (= higher threat) idol.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats on Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:41 am

Rawr says that my threat would be somewhere around 3500 TpS in full hog mitigation/survival gemming and enchanting. That is unbuffed. I can't imagine any DpS class doing more threat than that unbuffed, in ilevel 200 blues.

Apart from threat sensitive fights like Malygos, I don't forsee threat being a problem. I have played Wrath since its launch and I can't remember threat being a problem for any tank on any threat-neutral fight. In fact, looking through the forum posts of december/january, all I can see is tanks whining about how easy it is to hold threat after TBC.

Also, it is a good idea to keep 2-3 gear sets, one for survival, one for EH and one for threat. I will, depending on the numbers I'll see on Patchwerk, adjust gear accordingly.

Besides, the tanking belief has always been survival over threat. A dead tank produces 0 TPS.

(Later Edit: After reading some WoWhead Comments, it seems that its ICD is 10 s with a proc chance of 85%. Looks fairly on par with the proc rate of other ilevel245 idols/librams/sigils. Those are(were) widely held to be BiS in a survival build. Also, this idol has been considered the BiS survival idol until Ulduar due to lack of other avalable idols.)

Kats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dora on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:56 pm

You can gear as you wish for Naxx and Uld10.

Uld 25/ToC10 I'd suggest to go for EH on several bosses.

If you gear for anything else than pure EH on most ToC25 boss you are doing a terrible mistake.

Dora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats on Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:14 pm

There are no EH idols.

I am of course using the standard average EH formula: (Savage defense uptime)*(Savage defense amount)+Hp/1-(armor reduction).

That means that in EH is taken into account: Stamina, Armor, Crit Chance, and Attack Power. These last two are further derived from the same base stat, Agility. Since there is no stamina idol, the choice for that particular slot is easy.

Kats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Dora on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Kats wrote:Also, it is a good idea to keep 2-3 gear sets, one for survival, one for EH and one for threat. I will, depending on the numbers I'll see on Patchwerk, adjust gear accordingly.

I was referring to this part.

Dora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kats on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:52 pm

What exactly is wrong with keeping 2-3 armor sets withe different make-ups?

Kats

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top