Gathering professions

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Gathering professions

Post  Gevlon on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:39 pm

I highly encourage everyone, even DKs to have 2 gathering professions during leveling. The professions are mining, herbalism, skinning and enchanting (if you quest a lot). By having these professions, you can collect 5-8K G without extra work: you just go where you would go anyway and pick that herb or ore skin those corpses or disenchant that quest item.

While I finance enchants and rep gear, maybe dual specs, I definitely won't pay for riding skills or consumables/enchants/BoE during leveling that can speed leveling up a lot. Save yourself time, be a gatherer!

On the top of that these professions have nice bonuses usable during leveling: selfheal for herbalists, crit for skinners, +HP for miners and very cheap self-enchants for enchanters.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Gathering professions

Post  oliph on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 pm

If you want mining & herbing, I suggest http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/trackingchanger.aspx . It is currently very simple, but highly useful.

oliph

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gevlon on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:46 pm

JC is killing me. It costs 2-3K G to level it. Think twice before you pick this prof.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Yafube on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:31 pm

I'll start upping my mining while waiting to be picked up for random dungeons tonight.

JC will be started around the same time.

However I'm think of going JC/tailoring at lvl 80... granted we can use the Tailor specific cloak enchants (400ap for 15s sounds better than 16 agility)

Yafube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cellerdoor on Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:32 am

Gevlon wrote:JC is killing me. It costs 2-3K G to level it. Think twice before you pick this prof.

Hhm either you wanna keep the JC Goblin way of making gold on AH yourself or it is really expensive.

I just took mining/JC. Also I believe JC can make some nice items u can use during leveling.

Cellerdoor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagbag on Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:59 pm

I usually take Skinning as a mandatory profession, since this gathering doesnt use tracking. Also Herbalism is abit more starter-friendly than Mining - less bag space occupied, nice active cooldown and early gathering of expensives like Thistleweed.

Nagbag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Chopsui on Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Gevlon wrote:JC is killing me. It costs 2-3K G to level it. Think twice before you pick this prof.

I did this 4 times on my home realm on different chars. It has never been cheap to reach 300JC, after that it's almost a free ride to 450 though.

Chopsui

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Enchanting

Post  Kurtizzle on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:55 am

Guys Good Luck with this project btw.... I really wanted to take part.

I play prot pally, however I've just recently got back from military deployment.

4 month inactivity means I gotta do so catching up if I ever wanna see ICC hard.

Right my point: Enchanting and gathering mats...

The new disenchant feature is good when you want to join a random heroic and your not an enchanter, but like many an enchanter it can be a little bit annoying when you realise everyone in your 5 man competes with you for your proffesion mats.. but you cant ask to roll on artic fur/mine nodes etc, because you use leg enchants or want mats for titansteel.

So an answer as you wont be using epic shards, is you can run your groups in randoms and de all epic..convert to dust with the new sexy 445 learnt shatter shard spell.. I get around 10 dust or 3-4 green value dusts, from this.

Basicially, when you test peoples DPS in an instance, I'd suggest do this in 5 man ToC normal... you get 5 epix to DE and shatter allowing several enchants for the guild with each run.

I registered to mention this because runnign heroics and not using the loot can be annoying for even most determined players.

Goes along the same lines as, if your in a Sath 3d raid and someone say's "I don't see the point in 30 wipes for an extra epic", then the raid is never going to do it.

Last slightly unrelated thing is an often overlooked enchant..

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=44595

Yes sir, thats right a whopping +30 AP over Massacre and no epic shards I hear you ask? Correct.

Good for majority of WoTLK Content.. ICC ofc, Naxx if you run it, the new heroics, and even last boss ToC 5 man. 2 bosses are questionable in ICC however Arthas himself... Not sure if he is actually undead (silly) he commands the scourge he isnt actually dead yet and the vampire lady, she is a giant according to wowhead/tankspot.

Sorry to all the spelling correctors, lore masters and random trolls. I've had beer and here is my contribution take it or leave it.

Kurtizzle - <Fusion> - Hellfire EU

Kurtizzle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top