Guild class composition?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guild class composition?

Post  Pwaza on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 am

Hi,

I hope it is ok to discuss this, but I was wondering about the total guild class composition we are aiming for.

I know this has just started, but looking at http://eu.wowarmory.com/guild-stats.xml?r=Arathor&gn=Undergeared shows there are a lot of paladins (which I was thinking about rolling aswell) and shamans, while certain classes are not presented 'much' yet.

In order to get a good raid composition for the fights, I assume there should be a certain amount of the different classes in the guild?

Before I start rolling 'another' paladin, I was wondering if it would make more sense (to help this project succeed) if I/new people would roll a different class instead.

Best regards,

Pwaza

Pwaza

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guild class composition?

Post  Gevlon on Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 am

Originally I wanted to create the guild on Saturday. Yet there was huge interest now. I also see the class inbalance and it shall be addressed. I'll post on the blog an update about what classes needed.

However in the age of "bring the player, not the class" I don't see it tragical if there are many from some hybrid classes. Paladins can be tanks, healers, melee. Shamans can be caster, melee, healer.

Obviously it wouldn't be optimal to go with 15 paladins 10 shamans. I'm sure that as more people come, the ratios will equalize. I wouldn't turn down a 16.th paladin though simply because we don't have 15 RAIDING paladin. We have 15 (actually 8.) lvl 5-25 paladins. We don't know how many will reach 80. We don't know how many will be able to raid. Remember, there was no pre-screening, everyone were accepted, just like in the dreaded "DaRkHoRdKiLlAhZ lf ppl whisper Leggolass for inv" guilds. There surely are some people here who belong to the DaRkHoRdKiLlAhZ. We can't know how many until they pull 800 DPS on the dummy or say "lol I pwnd som n00bs lol". So if you'd be a GOOD paladin, there is still a place for you. It's simply easier to get into raid with DK or hunter or priest. Especially priest as we have 0.

Gevlon
Greedy Goblin
Greedy Goblin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimditch on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 pm

If needed more than my rogue I would happily transfer a character. I have a warrior, druid and DK all in their mid-70s that havn't done any wotlk raiding. That being said I did raid a little on the warrior and druid during TBC so they wouldn't be a completely new class to me. It's not a massive issue having more paladins than, say, rogues as they can fill more roles. "Bring the player, not the class" may, however, apply less to this guild than others since we will not be overgearing places and certain buffs (commanding shout and devotion aura are 2 that spring to mind) may prove nigh-on essential.
Grimditch
EU Undergeared
EU Undergeared

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Entrak on Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:52 pm

I too was curious to the fact that we only had one Death Knight in the guild when it got founded the other day. To be honest, I was indeed expecting to see at least half of those interested starting out as a Death Knight. I guess people raid too much with Death Knights and took Gevlon's word literally.

-E

Entrak
EU Undergeared
EU Undergeared

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cellerdoor on Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:49 am

Most people already have those classes as a main or close to alt-main and thus not allowed to join in with that class so they have to pick a different one.

Cellerdoor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Nagbag on Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:56 pm

I just recently got 80lvl shaman handed to me by my friend, so(and), seeing amount of <Undergeared> shamans i'll better be leveling a warlock.

Nagbag

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top