Undergeared U.S. Version

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Axelrod on Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:20 pm

Looks like we might have the critical mass to start the project on the US side. Forgotten Coast is our best option right now so lets go with that. I'll be lvling this weekend this weekend as a mage. Axhell will prolly be the name.

Axel.

Axelrod

Posts : 2
Join date : 2009-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Newtron on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:16 pm

Axelrod wrote:Looks like we might have the critical mass to start the project on the US side. Forgotten Coast is our best option right now so lets go with that. I'll be lvling this weekend this weekend as a mage. Axhell will prolly be the name.

Axel.

We have about 15 players in the guild on Forgotten Coast already, but there are alot of socials in mix that may end up outting themselves. Lots of 'lol's and 'gratz!' and 'dings!' on guildchat.

Newtron

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Forreststump on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:19 pm

One of the rules is not to play a class you raided with. But what about a role available to the class? I see a good number of healers, so now I'm leaning toward a feral druid. My raiding main is Resto/Balance, but zero experience as Bare or Kitteh. Yes, it's another druid, but there is a definite learning curve involved, just as if I rolled a prot warrior or rogue. Acceptable?

EDIT: If it *is* acceptable, I will be "rolling" the toon today.


Last edited by Forreststump on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:14 pm; edited 3 times in total

Forreststump

Posts : 5
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Eic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Now, I was wondering... I raided with a hunter during 60 cap, but never ever even reached 80 with her in Wotlk or even raided during BC, would that disqualify that toon for me ? In any event im thinking about rolling a druid purely for the /shadowmeld /flightform function. As I loath PvP but am very very interested in this project

Eic

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Gristly on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:03 pm

Forreststump wrote:One of the rules is not to play a class you raided with. But what about a role?

That's a good question.

I've always raided as ranged DPS (mostly as a warlock). Never healed, tanked or meleed in a raid. I have healed and done melee dps for 5-mans, but never tanked.

Should I step away from my hunter and roll something else? A rogue or paladin, perhaps?

Gristly

Posts : 8
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Jaygames on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:23 pm

I am quite interested in this project, however my only problem is the pvp server. My play time is limited and being on a pvp server just compounds the problem of limited play time. I think to bring in the most casual players it would be beneficial to roll on a pve server. Just throwing this out there, I have some characters on Nesingwary which includes a Deathknight with tailoring and enchanting in the 300's. I would be willing to make netherweave bags and stock lower level enchants in a guild bank, I don't have enough gold to bank roll a guild, but server prices on netherweave cloth are 6 to 8 gold and bags could be made at cost.

Jaygames

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Eic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Jaygames wrote:I am quite interested in this project, however my only problem is the pvp server. My play time is limited and being on a pvp server just compounds the problem of limited play time.


I agree completely. People gettin killed constantly would just make things slower. Casual players tend to err on the side of PvE servers for that reason

Eic

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Aetas on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:36 pm

Having my mains in the same server but on horde side, I can say theres almost zero pvp... but thats since I never saw a single alliance until northrend (maybe a few in outland) might be harsher on alliance side.

I wanna join in, afraid of a few things: when is 80 expected on the rythm things are going? And what is class balance like?

I wanna roll a DK to avoid being left behind, and because I wanna have a DK for maybe later transfering to horde side to tank for my guild. But I'd really hate being the 5th+ DK.

Aetas

Posts : 1
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Newtron on Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Aetas wrote:Having my mains in the same server but on horde side, I can say theres almost zero pvp... but thats since I never saw a single alliance until northrend (maybe a few in outland) might be harsher on alliance side.

I wanna join in, afraid of a few things: when is 80 expected on the rythm things are going? And what is class balance like?

I wanna roll a DK to avoid being left behind, and because I wanna have a DK for maybe later transfering to horde side to tank for my guild. But I'd really hate being the 5th+ DK.

Until we have at least 35-40 people in the guild, I don't think we're in danger of having too many of a class. Based on what I saw last night we may end up losing 1 in 3 that join the guild because they're joining for the wrong reasons.

Newtron

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Eic on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:31 pm

when can I log on To get an invite? PST would be helpfull beings im horrible at figuring out the timezone thing.

Eic

Posts : 3
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

WoW realms by time zone

Post  dorelei on Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:47 pm

The Forgotten Coast is EST (GMT -5). Here is a list of all US realms by time zone:

http://www.wowrealmstatus.net/timezones.php?t=1

I'm usually on after 8pm

dorelei

Posts : 6
Join date : 2009-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Newtron on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:48 pm

The original raid time posted in Gevlon's rules is Saturday 19:00-22:00 CET (GMT+1). I propose we go with 20:00-23:00 EST/17:00-20:00 PST. That should be accessible for almost everyone on the US side. Guess we need to put up a poll to figure out what timezone everyone is in. This is a long term committment, but in the end people will have to be able to raid during a set 3 hour window.

Newtron

Posts : 51
Join date : 2009-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  gnomeofzurich on Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:29 am

I am not on that often, but I have given many ranks invite capability (only officer ranks can demote or remove), so that people can be invited and promoted, and then can also invite.

I recommend logging on, doing "/who Undergeared". Meneldil is me, Lévesque is kerouac (officer), and at least 4 other people were invited last night and have invite privileges. I am hoping many of you will already be in by the time I log on again. I'm going to do 8 slot bags, because it's too much of a hassle to collect the materials for silk packs (nobody is farming heavy leather and I don't have a skinner) and netherweave is getting expensive. So I'll get a gbank tab and fill it with vendor satchels this evening, and give Officers the keys to the bank as well (note, only officers will be able to access the guild bank until further notice). I'm going to use officer notes to keep track of who has gotten how much of the 50g starting gold and bags, so if you give out bags, please put it in there.

Right now all it takes to become an officer is to join and not immediately appear to be a moron, slacker or asshat. Don't ask for it, just do some leading where I (or kerouac) can see you and you'll probably get promoted.

gnomeofzurich
US Moderator
US Moderator

Posts : 40
Join date : 2009-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Mundy on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 am

I'm very interested in joining, though being from Western Australia (GMT+Cool I'm unsure if I'd be available to raid due to the 13 hour time difference.

I realise that no specific raid times have been set yet, but are they more likely to be afternoon - night raid times? This would place them in the morning for me which I may be willing and able to attend.

However if everyone will be playing on a fairly casual basis (which I'd assume means playing for a few hours every other afternoon/night) then I'd think it probably wouldn't be worthwhile for me; I'd never be online at the same time as everyone else except for raids.

Mundy

Posts : 18
Join date : 2009-12-21
Age : 29
Location : Western Australia

View user profile http://lmundy.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Kerouac on Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:25 am

Mundy wrote:I'm very interested in joining, though being from Western Australia (GMT+Cool I'm unsure if I'd be available to raid due to the 13 hour time difference.

I realise that no specific raid times have been set yet, but are they more likely to be afternoon - night raid times? This would place them in the morning for me which I may be willing and able to attend.

However if everyone will be playing on a fairly casual basis (which I'd assume means playing for a few hours every other afternoon/night) then I'd think it probably wouldn't be worthwhile for me; I'd never be online at the same time as everyone else except for raids.

still too early to give you a good indication of times in general, but yes the raids will be in the evenings EST - exact time and day to be determined. The raids will only be 3 hours a week (at least thats Gevlon's point - to keep it super casual) which is how we'll start out also.

I see people on in the morning - but not as much as evening. Thats just how it works with school and work. Give it a try and decide. I'd suggest just making a toon, and logging in often enough to check numbers before going back to your regular server. Then make an informed decision.
avatar
Kerouac
US Moderator
US Moderator

Posts : 19
Join date : 2009-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Undergeared U.S. Version

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum